Friday, February 20, 2009

The perfect little black dress

For the last 3 Fridays, I have been shopping for a dress for my brothers upcoming wedding. How hard would it be to find a black cocktail dress?
Now I do not consider my self over weight, but I could lose about 10 lbs. I have plenty of dresses that I have worn for hubby's work parties that would be great for the wedding, except for the fact of those 10 little lbs I can not seem to loose. Those ten pounds is a whole dress size for me, making me a size 12. Size 12 use to seem really big when I was much younger, but now I can actually fill out the dress with some curves. Anyway after today's shopping experience I have decided that the perfect little black dress is an urban legend. All the dresses in my size are either mother-of-the-bride dresses or something my grandmother would wear or hootchie momma prom queen dresses. Neither of these types of dresses will work, I fit into neither of these categories. So my quest continues for the perfect little black dress, that I now believe does not exist.

No comments: